This last month has been a blur of constant change...
- I gave birth.
- 3 days after being home from the hospital we found out we got our house....which means, yup PACKING!
- Less than 2 weeks later we were moving and I found out that moving with a newborn is not fun, just in case you ever wanted to try it. Thank goodness it was just across town.
- Trying to adjust my 2 year old to a new baby brother who has "stolen her thunder", moved her to a new house, and dealing with tantrums like I've never seen before.
- Loving, but still adjusting to a newborn who didn't like to eat very well (we are finally getting it down), and me being sleep deprived.
- Unpacking all that we packed and trying to step by step turn our house into a home. At least clear a path between the boxes. ;)
Ok, so now that I am putting them in a list it doesn't sound THAT busy, but believe me it has been. We just had our 4 year anniversary yesterday and it was amazing to wake up that morning and reflect on life. As I watched the two little kids that were asleep in my bed I just thought to myself how blessed our family is to have them. Its been a fun and busy 4 years. :)
I just un-froze my gym membership that is 2 blocks away so I am excited to get going and lose this baby weight. I think one of the best feelings is being fit and I miss it! Zumba/kickboxing here I come!
Jaxon is growing SO fast and I am trying to hold on to every second of it. Maya has had a hard time with him, but she is starting to want to hold him on occasion. I just cant leave him out of my sight for a second otherwise she claws him up pretty bad. I hope this is just a phase. :) If not he will be one tough little boy. She cracks me up though, yesterday she told me, "knock it off mama" and I thought to myself, " boy do I hear my own words in that one. I guess I have to be more careful and phrase things kinder. Then when she was in the tub I told her to sit down and she looked at me exasperated and said, "Dont pressure me!"....still not sure where she heard that one.
I am trying to rev myself up to do potty training, I tried it a few months back and maya just wasn't ready for it. I hope she is now because changing a two year olds diaper after a newborns is pretty grotesque.
Here are a couple of pics, enjoy!