Friday, July 16, 2010

Portland!

Multnomah Falls....we didn't hike up to it, but it was so beautiful and brought back fun memories of seeing it on family trips.

We tried out a 4 course "brunch" at Ruby Tuesdays. They gave us scones, a blackberry parfait, our entree (steak and eggs with a apple/cranberry crepe) and a gourmet cookie to finish it off. Needless to say we couldn't finish it all there but it was quite fun!

A place where people go swimming...it looked like so much fun, but I admit I was a little worried about the kids there.
The scenic overview!
Ryan suprised me with a trip to Portland for my birthday to see the Lion King Broadway. I was so much fun and while it was a really quick trip, it was perfect! We went to the Rose gardens, up at a hospital for a scenic overlook ( i was afraid we were going to get in trouble for parking there) and walked around Downtown Portland before we went to the show.
I love going to new cities-especially with Ryan. I loved the feel of Portland and how green everything is. I must admit, it was a dismal ride back once we reached eastern oregon and into Idaho-not near as pretty!
The Lion King was amazing, our seats weren't bad at all and the costumes were just incredible. I love music and it has always been a huge part of my life. I love that Ryan is starting to see the light with Broadways/musicals and is becoming interested in them. It was the perfect Birthday Gift! I love you Ryan!




1 comments:

a.eborn said...

The day I get Brent to go to a musical... You are very lucky to have Ryan who is mature enough to enjoy the finer things in life :) AND to surprise you with a trip like that-SO fun!! Lovin' the belly!! :)