Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting back into things...

It has been so nice to no longer be pregnant and be able to move about freely as I want to. I would say the biggest thing I missed while being pregnant is exercising. Early in my pregnancy I had morning sickness too bad to do anything....walking for 15 minutes was hard enough for me. I waited to exercise until after my 6 week appointment to make sure everything was ok. Everything checked out well and I bought a Tae Bo DVD and luckily there is a small gym in our complex so it is pretty convenient to work out. I only wish it was open in the evening since that is my favorite time to exercise. (I hate exercising in the mornings)

I have worked out almost every day for the last two and a half weeks and I feel like I am getting a bit of my muscle back. The first time I tried to do situps  at 6 weeks it was totally depressing. I never knew how weak my muscles were until I tried to get em to actually work! Day one after working out I felt it was hopeless. But lately I have noticed that I am getting a bit of my tone back and I can actually feel  a bit of muscle in my abs (non existent it seemed a few weeks ago)
Exercising can be one of my addictions, but it sure is harder to find time to do it with a baby. I have managed to figure it out though, even if  it is done in increments.

0 comments: