Friday, August 29, 2008

21st birthday!

I know it has been a few months since then, but this was honestly one of my favorite birthdays ever. Why? My husband made it so special for me and it was great to spend some quality time for him before the baby came. If you cant tell from the picture I am very pregnant there- I went into labor the next day. I really wanted to go out to eat so we went to Carinos (my favorite restaurant next to Olive Garden) I got a pasta dish that had bacon cheese and tomatoes in it-it was amazing. My only frustration was that I was so pregnant I really couldn't eat that much. :) 

For my birthday present Ryan got me a down comforter and a journal. I have wanted a down comforter for so many years. I remember going to my Aunt Christies house and sometimes a couple of us kids would get to sleep in her guest bed where she had feather blankets. We would take turns fluffing them and then rolling in it. It felt like I was on a cloud and I have been determined I would own one someday-my dream finally came true! 
In the journal ryan got me he wrote a note to me on the first page to personalize it. I love my husband so much and he is so thoughtful, nothing makes my day like getting a love note from him, he is my best friend and I am so lucky to have him.
Instead of birthday cake....cake doesn't make much sense at this point because we dont know that many people here and I sure am NOT going to eat a whole cake by myself. Mind you-I probably could, but I think that would be the worst thing for me! In its place we got the best dessert none to mankind-COLD STONE!!!! My signature ice cream is Cake batter, brownie and caramel (if I am feeling really indulgent I get double brownie) I swear I could never work at cold stone because I think I would gain 50 lbs. I cant resist it! Anyways this was a wonderful birthday...thanks sweetheart!

0 comments: