Sunday, October 5, 2008

I FINALLY did it!

Yes, finally did it....I dyed my hair brown-which is of course my natural color, but it has been close to 5 years since I have had all of my hair brown, I usually have lots of blond highlights. There have been times where I am pretty much completely bleach blond. So this was a BIG shock to my system. I have been wanting to do it for some time now because I get sick of having to put hightlights in all the time. All you ladies know what I mean, you get highlights-they look great for about a month and a half and then they start growing out and by 2-2 1/2 months, you cant stand how you look anymore but you try to push it out as far as you can so you dont have to spend the money to get it done...
So yeah, I told My hairdresser Wes (he is my favorite ever!) and he said that he would put in a decently dark color but that it would fade probably a bunch because he was putting it on bleached hair. So the picture is the day i got it done, since then it has lightened a bit but I still like it. 
The funnest part was that I didn't tell Ryan I was going to do it, even though Ryan new me as a brunette when I was what-15? He fell in love with me as a blond (although I am sure it had nothing to do with it) so whenever I said I was thinking of going brunette, he would always tell me it was my choice and that he would be happy with whatever, but I could tell he wasn't anxious for it to come. I wanted to see his "true" reaction so I thought this was the best way.
The day came and after the deed was done Wes turned me around and I was horrified! I hated it, I cried on the way home and looked in the mirror once more and then didn't look at myself in the mirror again for about a day and a half. I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I just didn't feel like myself at all. I had nightmares about what ryan would say when I got off the plane.
When I went home, I got off the plane and I couldn't see Ryan anywhere. He had to finish an appointment with a client so that kind of took the climax out of the whole situation. When he finally showed up he came up hugged and kissed me, told me how much he missed me and then took Maya and we started walking away. I thought, what????? is that it??? he hates it I know it! So I asked him, "what do you think of my hair?"
He looked at me and said, "yeah, your hair is a bit different, what color is that anyway, cause its definitely not blond ? (in all fairness at the beginning it did have a tint of red" I thought to myself you have GOT to be kidding me....all this worrying for that! he didn't even really notice. I guess that just goes to show that us girls really worry more about our looks than our husbands do. After a bit, he said that he really liked it and that yeah, he could tell a difference. I am really starting to like it and next time I might go a shade darker. We'll see....

3 comments:

Nikki said...

it looks cute!!! maybe i should try going darker... what do you think??

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

I have always loved you as a blond...but I always liked myself as a blond as well...give it a shot...hey wait, didn't you do that in college?

***Tim and Kami*** said...

Holly- your hair is sooooo cute!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon.