Friday, January 30, 2009

Free wings for a year and escaping a madman!

There is a new restaurant that just opened up on the way to Boise called Buffalo Wild Wings. They opened up on thursday and they had a sign out that said, "Free Wings for a year to the First 100 customers." Ryan is a HUGE fan of wings so he was like, "we should go, but we will have to go early" Me myself, I dont really like them, plus I wasn't about to take maya out in the Freezing cold for hours since I knew we would have to wait in line. He said he was going to do it but I didn't believe him. However thursday came and he got up and was there by 8 in the morning (it opened at 11) and would you believe it...he was #72! Which I thought was rather funny because about 20 people had camped out all night to get it with there tents, and Ryan said the last person to be one of the 1st hundred was there at almost 9:00 o'clock. So Ryan gets free wings every week for a year.
On to my next story. We had taken Ryans mom out to Mai Tai for her birthday last night and it was so amazing! We got ready to leave, got in the car and ryan pulled out and merged into the right lane. He accidentally cut the guy off ( but it wasn't even that bad) but this guy wouldn't slow down even though we were all right at a red light. He kept reving his engine and blowing the horn forever at us...FINALLY the light changed and I thought, "Good, we have gotten rid of him" so we kept driving and Ryan realized we were on the wrong road so he turned into a parking lot to get on the crossroad. Then we realized that he was still following us! He was yelling and honking his horn at us and I started to get really scared, he was a bit behind us so Ryan wasn't too worried cause he said we could just pull onto the road from the other side of the parking lot. So we drove over there only to find that there was no way out...then I looked behind us and the guy had parked in the middle of the Parking lot and was running straight for us! (there was no one parked in this area and there were also no lights)
I was so freaked out and started yelling " Ryan, get out of here! He is coming after us!" so we went to the left around a building and as we started to drive towards the road he ran out in front (that was one fast guy!) charging straight at our car! I really think if we had kept driving he would have jumped on our car and started bashing our windows in or we would have accidentally hit him, so Ryan stopped and rolled down his window just a bit and this guy screamed at us for a few minutes, calling us every name in the book and lucky for us-he left after that. I was so scared, I mean...these days, you never know who has a gun on them and who doesn't. He was only about 17 or 1 8 and kinda punkish. Ryan said he didn't feel too threatened by him and thought it best that he just let him vent for a second- also there was no real way out of the parking lot without him catching up because all the exits had lights. Im just glad we are all safe and now...24 hours later I can laugh at it. I only have two words to say for that kid: Anger Management!

3 comments:

Crazy In Love said...

Holy Crap!! That is scary! I probably would have called the cops for sure... glad you are ok though and way to go on the wings Ryan!!

Katie said...

Hey Holly! Of course I remember you, and Zach says "hi". Little Maya is beautiful. She and Joseph are pretty close in age.

Jeremy said...

oh my gracious!!! Im glad neither of you were alone and that it turned out alright. Ya...he should def sign up for some anger management.