Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

After sqeezing all the frosting off, she ripped the cupcake apart and actually ate quite a bit.

Chowin' down on her birthday cupcake!
The very hungry caterpillar cake.
I was surprised she actually kept this crown on, she toddled all around the house with it on.


I can't believe my baby girl is one year old! It has flown by so fast. Motherhood has been the hardest but the best thing that has happened to me. She is such a special girl who is so stubborn in her ways and very independent. We had her birthday party this last sunday and I have been thinking about what to do forever. (i get so excited about these types of things) I changed ideas a few times and finally landed on this one when I saw this cake on the internet. It was love at first sight.

She didn't nap well that day so I figured she would be grumpy for the party at 5:00. I put her in her high chair: she wanted to get out. We sang her happy birthday: she cried. I gave her a cupcake: she cheered right up.
Thanks Raili for decorating the living room, we had a great time. We are going to Utah today to drop off Raili at the Salt Lake Airport, I am so sad, but I know her fiance will be happy to see her. We love you!


6 comments:

Maria said...

omg(osh)! That is such a cute cake!!! I love it.
I can't believe she is one either. Its starting to freak me out cause I watch you and another friend of mine as things that will be coming up for addie and both of you just had birthdays. It really does go by way to fast.

Smith Family said...

She is getting so big!! Happy Birthday Maya! I thought her cake was adorable!!

Brittaney said...

I LOVE that Cake Holly! Way to go!! Shes such a funny girl! I just love her!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!!

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

That's crazy that it's already been one year! So many adorable memories... I love the pictures!! What a cute little family you make!!

Aimee said...

What a cute idea. I can't believe your baby is already one. did you make that cake yourself? Way cute.

Hayley said...

holly!! how cute of a cake!! cute idea. she is a cutie!!! bitter sweet!