Sunday, May 22, 2011

My first wedding cake!





Me and my sis Raili. I couldn't have figured out how to make that quilting stitching even without her! Great math skills sis!






What an adventure this was! I had lots of fun/not so fun moments getting to this point, but it was good for me. I really felt like I needed a challenge and this was definitely a challenge. Learning how to do fondant better, make cake actually from scratch, cake quilting, stacking cakes, how to get the cake to not be crooked and fall over, gumpaste flowers (which sadly after all that time learning how to do it I went with fake flowers cause they just looked better) yadda yadda. But the most important thing was that the bride loved it. I was so happy about that! Cause really in the end that is all that matters.

One of the best things is....im not going to have any more nightmares about my cake falling over, or getting dropped. :D Ahhhh.....sleep. :)




2 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

OH MY!!! GORGEOUS!! I had no idea you had such a talent! You are a pro...and this was really your first wedding cake!?! Is it sad that I can almost say I like it better then my own wedding cake for my wedding! It honestly is beautiful!! Awesome work!!

Brenda said...

This is beautiful! You do such a fabulous job, so creative.